Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Focus...

That is something that I have a combination of far too much and far too little of.

When I am working on something - I can do so completely ignoring just about everything else (fatigue, hunger, distracting noises, etc).

But, there are way too many things that I want/need to learn.  Particularly with computer technology (and languages).

And, since any one would take at least a few months to figure out whether I really want to learn it (and the fact that there are only twenty-four hours in a day) - how could I pick just one at a time?

I should though.  And I know that I should.

Because instead of already having a decent start on Drupal - I have managed to taste:
  • Drupal
  • Ruby (very small taste)
  • Scala
  • Groovy
  • etc
But I cannot do anything useful in any of them.

So - I have to pick one.

And focus on it.

Everything else will have to just go on my todo list.

Where did I put that thing?

And which one comes first?

Scala and Groovy would probably be most useful for work...


Argh.

No comments: